Friday 30 August 2013

Body types and Western dresses

I've been feeling a little off lately. Like I'm always moody and angry and easily upset over the silliest things. Maybe I'm starting to feel the pressure or maybe I just need to get back to running. 

So, like any other girl with a pair of headphones, I turn to music. 

#nowplaying Lowercase Noises' Seafront album

I found a really helpful article on choosing the right dress for your body type. I see a lot of Malay brides these days go for those frilly mermaid dresses that grips above the knee. I personally don't think it is very flattering on heavyset brides but if you are one and you still want to rock the cut, I say fuck all and just do it! You don't need anybody else's approval.

Now, for those who gives a shit, here's a cute little diagram to help you identify your body type.




If you have:

1. An hourglass figure, go for a dress that accentuates your waist as this will show off your best asset. Two-piece gowns and corset dresses work really well. Avoid empire-line silhouettes and ball gowns.
2. A pear shape, princess style dresses disguise fuller hips and puts the focus on your better half, balancing the torso and bust. Avoid tiered, sheath and mermaid style dresses.
3. A slim figure with an undefined waist, wear whatever the hell you want. I'd go for mermaid because not a lot of body shapes can pull this one off.
4. A triangle shape, a V-neck dress works well to cover up wider shoulders. Avoid puffed sleeves as it will draw attention to your shoulder, as will halters and off-shoulder necklines. 
5. An apple shape, go for an empire-line style as it will de-emphasize your waist, giving you a leaner look. Avoid princess line and basque as it draws attention to your midsection and a sheath will make you look heavier. 



Have a good weekend, BTBs!

x

1 comment:

  1. I admire what you have done here. I like the part where you say you are doing this to give back but I would assume by all the comments that this is working for you as well. Click here

    ReplyDelete