Saturday 31 August 2013

Fabric shopping in Jakarta!

Mom called this morning and said OK to Jakarta. YAAAAAY! I've been trying to convince her for the past week - I even prepared her a quote! Seeing that we'll be buying over 70 metres worth of fabric, and promising that she won't have to spend over RM2k for materials alone, she finally agreed.

So, our flight is leaving KL on Monday, 2/9 and we'll be spending 2 days there. Managed to book a hotel 10 minutes away from textile haven, Tanah Abang. A lot of the ex-BTB blogs mentioned that Mayestik would probably be the better option as they offer nicer laces but I've been to TA once last year and I managed to get some really nice materials there so ke TA lah kita.

This is so exciting I can't wait! I'll post reviews and damages here after I get back. Hopefully future brides can benefit from it like how I benefited from the nice girls before. Although most of the blog references I found online were dated back in 2009/2010, they've been incredibly useful and I truly appreciate their efforts in documenting everything.

Till then.

x

No comments:

Post a Comment