Thursday 29 August 2013

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

Jamalis Jaafar, Senior Sales Manager of Saloma Theatre Restaurant is hands-down the worst salesperson I've ever had the displeasure of knowing. He is unprofessional, disrespectful and downright lazy. If you're ever planning to hold an event there, look for Roger Yin instead. That man has gone out of his way to attend to my family when I wasn't even his prospect to begin with.

What happened was I had to reschedule our appointment to 5.30pm because mom had a last minute thing she had to attend to. This was communicated yesterday and he said sure, no problem. I get of at 6 but takpe you just datang. Today, we arrived there at 5.55pm after braving the horrendous rush hour traffic in the rain. I didn't have his mobile number so I called his office and the receptionist said he just left, like literally 2 minutes ago but she gave me his number anyway. I was sure I could catch him before he drives out of the building but he said he's already stuck in traffic on the way home.

Of course I was pissed because we were all there already. Like what the fuck, can't you call me to check if I was showing up before you ASSUME that I wasn't and left the office? And hello, it wasn't time for you to go home yet. Memang dasar Melayu pemalas. Buat malu je. I even asked him if there was anyone else that could show us around and explain the wedding package etc but he said no, I'm the only sales guy here. No apologies either. Great.

Since we were all there we decided to just take a look at the place. To my surprise, a guy called me and said that the receptionist told him that someone was looking for Jamalis and whether he could be of any assistance. I said YES PLEASE and moments later he came by our table and saved the day!

I've finally managed to book my venue and scored myself a reliable and helpful salesperson who even agreed to coordinate my big day for me at no extra charge! Alhamdulillah. Remember the part where I mentioned that that asshole said there wasn't anyone to help me? Well, he lied.

I also learned that he was still in the office when I called him but he was just to lazy to come out because he wanted to go home. What a fucker.

Pardon my French in this entry it's almost that time of the month and I've had a really long day.

Thank you, Roger for staying back and helping us out. Jamalis, if you hate the job just leave, man go do something else. You don't deserve the Senior Sales title. Pui.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Alia, I stumbled upon your blog while browsing through some wedding dresses and venue.
    Do you mind sharing if you finally made your reception at the Saloma and how did they quote you? Because I tried contacting one of their rep, and they just keep on "forgetting" to reply me, and i keep on giving reminders to have my quotations.
    oh yes, do they allow outside vendors for the dais decor etc?
    Thank you in advance! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Farra,

      Yes, I actually did. Sorry that I got lazy to update on here. I remember having quite a rough time initially trying to get them to attend to me as well but then I met one of their more reliable event manager, Roger Yin. Just call the general line and ask for him. His pre and post event service is superb. Very detailed and accommodating.

      As for the quote, their package is quite straight forward. You can actually refer to the list of menu on their website. Don't forget to have as many food tasting as you want until you're completely happy. Yes, they do allow outside vendors for dais & deco. As long as the main food is from them it's fine (in case you're thinking of setting up a dessert/kuih muih/satay etc station)

      All the best babe! And congratulations :)

      Delete