Friday 20 September 2013

Pelamin and cake-cutting dress

It is now a little bit over 3 months before our big day.

Due to an unfortunate turn of events, my best friend will no longer be able to commit to doing my pelamin. The recent passing of her father (who was like a second father to me), now demands her full attention to the family business. It came as a shock to all of us because arwah seemed strong and healthy just one week before his sudden demise. They threw a massive Raya Open House at their newly renovated home the week before and nothing was out of the ordinary as far as I was concerned.

He was in Jakarta for a short getaway with his driver and my friend's mom was supposed to join him a few days after. He had difficulty breathing at the hotel and passed away in the ambulance on the way to the hospital. My friend who was in Bali with her husband at the time took the first flight out and brought arwah back to KL. Arwah was a kind man and the most generous person I have ever known. Despite being a man of status, he was always humble and cared a lot for the well-being of the people around him. He will be greatly missed by many.

As much as I wanted my friend to do my pelamin, I understand that she has bigger and more important things to shoulder now so yesterday I emailed Kayangan Gallery again. This time to secure them because honestly, there aren't that many pelamin people around who is great and within my affordability.

Badass drapings

Here's what they did for my good friends Amar & Aliaa's wedding at TM Convention Centre


I also have an appointment with Arma Abd Rahman tomorrow. If all goes well, he will be designing my cake-cutting dress. Yes, we will have 2 outfits that night because my parents insist that we change into something more 'western' for the ceremony so change we shall. I'm not exactly complaining heh. The dress that made me fall in love with Arma's design is worn by this lady.



Absolutely stunning! And here are some of his other pieces.


His eye for detail is impeccable and probably one of the best in KL alongside big names like Rizalman, Jovian Mandagie and Syomir Izwa. All photos are from Arma Abd RahmanWedding Couture on Facebook.

x

1 comment:

  1. ALIA I wanna see your cake cutting dress!!!! I only remember you wearing the kebaya! Was Arma Abd Rahman any good?? Macam aku yang kahwin running around finding all these info for my partially retarded brother lol xx

    ReplyDelete