Thursday 15 August 2013

My wedding planning journey begins

As you can tell from the title of this blog, I am getting hitched!

So here is my story. I was proposed to a week before puasa and did not say yes immediately. Mainly because I was in total shock and the ring wasn't my size lol. If there are men who are reading this, please make sure you ask her friends if you're unsure of your partner's ring size because jewelers won't be able to resize a 14 (what he got me) to a 9 (my ring finger size). Although the ring was absolutely gorgeous, he had to take it back and exchange it with a similar one because they don't have that design in my size anymore.

But the more important thing is, I said yes to the person I love and respect who loves and respects me equally and that's all I'll ever really need. Well, I used to have a long list of preposterous pre-requisites but let's not go there.

I have since started browsing for designers, favors, videographers and pelamins (I don't like the word 'dais' so I will only use pelamin in here) and I must say, I've done quite well. Hehe excited la katakan.

His family is coming to risik this weekend and this will be the first time our parents meet. His mom will be the one who puts the ring on me :) Very proper gitu.

We've decided not to have an engagement ceremony simply because we don't think it is necessary.

Well, that's that. I will try my best to document my journey in planning out the biggest day of my life to date on a budget without having to compromise too much. Hopefully, this blog can help you plan yours too.

Before I go, I'd like to share this piece of advice with fellow future brides out there. This is and excerpt from Anne Almasay's article on Huffington Post.

If you’re planning your wedding right now, please just close the magazine. Log out of Pinterest. And look at the person you want to grow old with. Remind yourself of why you’re doing this. And really CELEBRATE when that day comes. Don’t stress about your shoes or your cake or your flowers. Don’t stress about anything. When it’s all over, you will be married, and surrounded by the people who know you and love you most in the whole wide world.

InsyaAllah. Let's do this.


x

No comments:

Post a Comment